A beginner’s guide on How to cut down a palm tree without a chainsaw
Palms are trees that are well-rooted in the earth, when storms or hurricanes come they have the ability to be flexible enough not to succumb to strong winds. After the storm, the palms return to their original position, straight and upright. So if you want to cut a palm tree you have to know the right method, otherwise, you will fall in danger. If you know how to cut down a palm tree without a chainsaw, then you don't need to spend extra money for hiring someone. But you have to know the right way fast. In this article, we are going to discuss about the authentic way. Let's keep your mind on this blog.
How to cut down a palm tree without a chainsaw tool
Felling should be the last option for a tree, but in many cases there is no other remedy than to proceed with pruning, depending on the conditions in which it is found. For example, if the tree has a disease that is irreversible, the phytosanitary report will specify the feeling it. Another of the most common causes is that the tree has a sloping growth and can become a risk to people or other specimens.
If you are interested in knowing some techniques or recommendations on how to cut down a palm tree, read on! Here are some basic easy steps to cut down a palm tree.
- 1At first, you have to choose the alternative tools of the chainsaw. Make sure that tools are lightweight and easy to use.
- 2Before cut down the whole tree you have to climb the tree and cut down the branches and leaves properly. It will help you to reduce the ultimate weight of the tree.
- 3Then you have to focus on the tree. You can cut the whole tree at once or you can cut that with small pieces first.
- 4An easy method is cutting down the whole tree with some small pieces first.
- 5But if you want to cut the whole tree at once, then you have to use an axe and stay in the right place.
Note: Make sure you are on the right side of the tree, otherwise you will be at risk.
How to cut down a small palm tree
The moment trees grow strongly at an angle, they begin to pose a risk to people. For this reason, it is very important to control the growth of trees from when they are small, for example, using a mesh that surrounds the contour of the tree to correctly direct its growth or using wooden stakes to force the tree to grow as straight as possible.
In the event that the tree is already leaning, it should be felled. To carry out this procedure, it is best to contact a professional so that it is carried out correctly. Here are important 3 steps to complete the task. Let's have a look.
- 1Before proceeding with the feeling, you must be clear about what tools to use and how it is going to be carried out, to increase safety.
- 2In addition, you should know if there are any significant obstacles in the area, such as power lines, cars, buildings, etc.
- 3Finally, if you are close to the street, use warning signs to avoid risks.
How to cut down a dead palm tree
There is no far difference between the lives of a palm trees and dead palm trees because both are standing. But the weight of the dead tree is less than the lives tree. Here are some basic rules that you should follow before cutting down the dead palm tree.
- 1The point to take into account is the direction of the fall, for this, you have to study the tree carefully and know what the branches look like, how they grow, and the direction of the wind.
- 2For dead palm trees, the direction of fall will be indicated by the lean itself.
- 3If you are not clear on these points and you do not know how to cut a leaning tree, it is better that you do not carry out the pruning and ask for help from a specialist.
- 4In case you decide to log, clear the entire area well, in all directions, thus avoiding serious risks.
How to cutting palm trees down
Cutting down the palm trees is very easy if you know how to do it perfectly. So here are some following secrets that keep your mind before doing it.
- 1After clearing the area and knowing which way the tree is going to fall, you can start cutting the palm tree.
- 2Cut off any low branches that might get in the way when pruning and don't cut higher than your shoulders.
- 3Either with an ax or a chainsaw, never stand in front of the tool, but to the side, and use the trunk as a barrier.
Before doing it you should look around, otherwise, the trees could move the wrong side.
How do you cut a palm tree to fall?
There are lots of companies who are helping you to cut your palm trees. But if you have not budgeted then what should you do? It is an important point. Let's follow some essential point:
- 1When you have decided in which direction the tree is going to fall (in the case of an inclined tree it will fall in the direction of the inclination).
- 2You must make a V-cut on the opposite side, that is, on the side you want it to fall from.
- 3Later, you'll need to saw horizontally on the opposite side, cutting a few inches higher than the deepest part of the V.
- 4At the time of felling, you should stand behind the tree with your feet apart and support the opposite shoulder on the trunk, to adopt a firm and stable posture.
Note: When you are done, you should move to the side and back to avoid risks.
Sometimes we need to cut down the trees for making furniture and other household elements. But if our budget is low for hiring a person who is professionals then you have to read our blog definitely. We are trying to give authentic information on this topic. If you don't know how to cut down a palm tree without a chainsaw, then no worry, we are here to assist you.
So, guys if you have any idea about it you can share it with us by leaving a simple comment below the post or you can know us via email. Thanks for your attention.